Do you know about SherWeb?
Based in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada, SherWeb is a world leader in cloud computing. Our technical team works in a dynamic, stimulating environment and excels at using the latest technologies in the field of IT. As a rapidly growing business with tens of thousands of customers in over 100 countries, we are always on the lookout for the best talent! By joining our team, you’ll be part of a company that has been awarded Remarkable Employer® certification by the Bureau de normalisation du Québec, the Québec government’s quality-standards agency. Ready for a challenge?
The Challenge: Webmaster
As a member of the Sales & Marketing team located at our Sherbrooke office, you will participate in the development and ongoing management of our website and web interfaces. Using latest technologies, your mandate will be to work with the graphic design team to create and update an attractive and effective website whose content both respects the SherWeb brand and is optimized for search engines.
You will be asked to:
- Perform analysis and coordinate the deployment of a new efficient CMS for business needs;
- Manage website development projects and updates, including creating new features and monitoring their implementation;
- Perform active management of the website and its components such as blogs and carts;
- Ensure that the technical architecture of the site is constantly updated;
- Organize and maintain a database, if required;
- In collaboration with team members, develop a tool to monitoring the website and track its performance;
- Ensure website performance including maintenance operations 'debug';
- Ensure the compatibility of mobile site
- Contribute to continuous improvements in the department;
- Any other related tasks based on the evolution of the position and activities of the department.
You have a background that is similar to this:
- University degree in Computer Science, Business Administration in Marketing, E-Commerce or GIS;
- 3-5 years of work experience in a relevant field;
- A combination of education and relevant experience may be considered;
- Experience in e-commerce and applications such as Magento;
- Knowledge of mobile applications: HTML5 , iOS , Android to create Responsive Designs.
- Knowledge of CMS (open and non-open source) such as Joomla , WordPress and Drupal
- Knowledge of SEO
- Bilingualism (English/French).
You have the following skills and competencies:
- You have strong analytical skills
- You have the ability to program in a structured way, respecting specifications, standards and deadlines.
- You are resourceful and creative particularly when solving problems.
- You look for long-term, quality-oriented solutions.
- You are a fast learner of new technologies.
- You demonstrate good professional judgment and are able to work independently.
- You are a team player.
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Full-time, permanent position (40 hours a week)
- Flexible hours
- Competitive wage
- Beneficial group insurance plan
- Retirement savings plan
- Career development plan
- Other benefits: Use of latest technologies, continuing professional training, employee assistance program (EAP), refund of dues to professional corporations, stimulating and enjoyable work environment, dynamic social committee, discounts at a sports center, etc.
Other benefits: Use of latest technologies, continuing professional training, employee assistance program (EAP), refund of dues to professional corporations, stimulating and enjoyable work environment, dynamic social committee, discounts at a sports center, etc.