Instructor – Dental Assistant (Part Time)
If you are a Dental Assistant or Dental Hygienist with dental assisting experience and you are interested in passing your expertise to the next generation, join the Ross Education team! We are looking for Instructors to train our students for careers in allied health positions just like yours. This is a part-time position, and you don’t need to have teaching experience in order to qualify – only your experience in Dental Assisting! We will provide you with complete training in our curriculum and standards to ensure that you will be fully prepared for your new teaching role.
We also offer Teaching Assistant and Substitute Instructor positions for those who don’t want to commit to a regular schedule. This is a great opportunity for you to make some extra part-time income while helping to improve the lives of others by teaching them the skills they need for a rewarding medical career.
- High School diploma or equivalent plus post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in related field from an accredited institution. The post-secondary education requirement may also be met by 5 or more years recent work experience with on the job training.
- 3 or more years out of the last 7 years work experience as a Dental Assistant/Chairside
- Current Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) preferred. CDA, RDA (AMT), or Registered Dental Hygienist)RDH) with Dental Assisting experience also considered. Certificate of Radiography Training in the State of MI required.
- Ability to use and communicate Ross curriculum
- A positive and professional attitude as well as the flexibility, adaptability and confidence to manage a classroom.
- Be able to take direction when necessary and also be self-directed and independent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to understand your students’ point of view while guiding them and holding them accountable for their studies.
- Proven success as a Dental Assistant
- Ability to communicate field-related knowledge to others
- Ability to follow rules for compliance, grading and attendance
- Ability to maintain professional appearance and demeanor
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and email plus the ability to use online student database
As an Instructor, you will teach students the standardized Ross curriculum. This will involve preparing lesson plans, grading and recording assignments and performing related work as required. You will report to the Campus Director and will also have support from the Assistant Campus Director of Education, your Program Chair and the Director of Education.
Your specific duties as an Instructor will include:
- Using various teaching strategies and practices such as guest speakers, field trips, videos, PowerPoint presentations, the Instructor’s Resource Manual, lectures, and handouts
- Accurately recording student daily attendance
- Holding conferences with students as needed
- Following and enforcing Student Guidelines
- Keeping your classroom in good physical order, managing program supplies and making sure classroom equipment is in good repair
- Preparing weekly lesson plans according to the standardized Ross curriculum
- Correcting students’ assignments and tests, reviewing results and returning graded coursework promptly
- Using campus management software to accurately record grades, successful completion of proficiencies and attendance
- Cooperating with lab schedules, maintaining weekly office hours and proctoring Saturday makeup sessions as needed
- Completing curriculum training in advance of each Module
- Attending formal and informal faculty/staff meetings
- Scheduling and conducting visits for the approval of new student externship sites and completing student externship follow-up calls as needed
As an Instructor with Ross Education, you will be part of an established and growing educational organization with a supportive family atmosphere and a dedication to providing our students with the best career training available. Your experience is a vital part of our success, and we will provide you with all the training and resources you need to feel comfortable in teaching our curriculum. We will also help you to get certified and will also provide you with plenty of opportunities to get your required annual Continued Education Units. You may also find opportunities to pick up extra hours by teaching additional classes or providing substitute or teaching assistant services as needed. You may also qualify for advancement to director-level positions depending on your credentials. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Your benefits as an Instructor will include:
- Health, dental and vision coverage (requires minimum 8 scheduled hours per week)
- Tuition reimbursement (requires minimum 8 scheduled hours per week)
- Accrued time off (requires minimum 8 scheduled hours per week)
- Training completion bonus for learning and teaching the curriculum for all sections
- Verizon Wireless Discount
- Dell Employee Purchase Program Employee Referral Bonus Program Monthly pay and direct deposit available
Take your career in a rewarding new direction while improving others’ lives!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Click here for all of our job openings.