Title: Social Media Editor
Location: Boston, MA
Reports to: Managing Editor
Partners In Health is a nonprofit organization headquartered in Boston, MA, whose mission is to provide quality health care for the poor and marginalized in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Dominican Republic, and Navajo Nation. Through service delivery, training, advocacy and research, PIH works around the globe to bring the benefits of modern medical science to those most in need of it, to serve as an antidote to despair, and inspire others to do the same.
This is an exciting time for PIH. We are taking on immense challenges, and a newfound visibility has brought the opportunity to influence great change on the global stage. PIH seeks individuals committed to the mission and values of the organization (see PIH values) to join the team.
As part of our goal to make our voice better heard, we are expanding our focus on social media and are seeking candidates for a Social Media Editor (SME). The major responsibilities include setting and implementing PIH's social media strategy. Working as an integral member of the PIH Communications team, the SME will participate in editorial planning, encouraging and assisting contributions from staff in the field, and in reviewing and editing content written by other members of the staff.
This is an excellent opportunity for a social media specialist with experience and success in building awareness via social media, and a portfolio of published work combining writing, photos, and audio for online storytelling.
- Define overall social media content strategy and lead the production of new social media content daily across all relevant social channels, including gathering and packaging multimedia content from PIH staff and volunteers
- Create a daily publishing environment so content remains fresh
- Experiment with new ways of leveraging social media to build awareness of PIH mission, vision, values and impact
- Significantly increase the number and engagement of PIH supporters via social media
- Drive more traffic to www. pih.org for a deeper engagement with our work
- Create social media content to inform and influence PIH supporters and increase donations
- Three years of social media experience including hands-on management of sizable Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media platforms
- Deep knowledge of all things social and digital; able to adapt quickly to emerging trends; proven ability to grow online communities
- Strong public-facing professional social writing and editing skills; experienced communicating complex subject matter to a general audience
- Familiarity with social media analytics tools and metrics
- Experience create compelling graphics using PhotoShop
- Prior knowledge of global health and/or international development issues
- Ability to interact professionally in culturally diverse workplace
- Demonstrated ability to juggle assignments and meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Interest in and commitment to global health and social justice