Title: Lesotho Program Coordinator
Reports to: PIH-L Executive Director/Chief Program Officer
Location: Boston, MA
Partners In Health (PIH) is a nonprofit organization headquartered in Boston, MA, whose mission is to provide quality health care for the poor and marginalized in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Dominican Republic, and Navajo Nation. In addition, PIH has a growing network of affiliated organizations and initiatives in several other countries, including Nepal, Burundi, Mali, Liberia, and Togo. Through service delivery, training, advocacy and research, PIH works around the globe to bring the benefits of modern medical science to those most in need of it, to serve as an antidote to despair, and inspire others to do the same.
This is an exciting time for PIH. We are taking on immense challenges, and a newfound visibility has brought the opportunity to influence great change on the global stage. PIH seeks individuals committed to the mission and values of the organization to join the team.
The Program Coordinator will work to support the overall goals and priorities of the country program. She/he will serve as a liaison between Boston and country program and will maintain regular communication between in-country and Boston teams. The Program Coordinator will work with country leadership and will provide administrative and financial management support to the Lesotho project, including supporting the Executive Director in Boston.
Schedule and Travel Coordination
- Manage calendars, scheduling meetings, calls, and speaking obligations for Executive Director and other Lesotho team members.
- Coordinate and maintain travel schedules for project staff and faculty.
- Plan and participate in country-specific meetings, and other relevant meetings as needed.
Development and Financial Transactions
- Financial management, including annual budgeting and tracking of expenses and revenues.
- Support in-country financial team in accounting system, generation and review of regular financial reports.
- Work closely with development team to coordinate research, writing and submission of grant proposals.
- Preparation of programmatic, donor, and financial reports.
- Communicate regularly with the project team, including in-country staff.
- Serve as a representative of the Lesotho project, coordinating activities with other relevant teams in Boston, including finance, communications, development, procurement, advocacy, and training. Organize HR hiring processes between the team and HR department by facilitating resume screening, scheduling interviews, and providing follow-up when required.
- Assist with the procurement of supplies and coordinate with the PIH Director of Procurement to ensure supplies are obtained.
- Collaborate with research staff and stakeholders on research-related activities and publications.
- Supervise project interns, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred, or an equivalent of education plus relevant experience.
- Three or more years of related experience; international experience preferred.
- Financial management and grant management experience.
- Ability to prioritize work in an environment with multiple and conflicting interests; ability to work well in a complex and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to travel to Lesotho, up to 25% (one trip per quarter)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion.
- Flexible and able to set priorities, self-starter, respond to shifting priorities, and manage a variety of time sensitive activities simultaneously.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong detail orientation and organizational skills.
- Interest and/or familiarity with Africa and HIV/AIDS issues preferred.
- Strong interest in social justice and health care issues preferred.