Title: Haiti Finance Operations Volunteer/Intern
Reports to: International Finance Director
Location: Cange, Haiti
Partners In Health (PIH) is a non-profit organization based in Boston, MA, whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. Through service delivery, training, advocacy and research, PIH works globally to bring the benefits of modern science to those most in need and to serve as an antidote to despair. PIH has programs in Haiti, Peru, Guatemala, Mexico, Russia, Rwanda, Lesotho, Malawi, Burundi, Kazakhstan, the Dominican Republic, and Boston.
Summary of Position:
Partners In Health is seeking a finance volunteer/intern to help build financial and accounting capacity at its sister site in Cange, Haiti. This person will be responsible for working closely with the Cange finance team to implement a financial system and improve financial controls, operations, reporting, budget management, etc. French or Creole is required.
· Implement a new financial system.
· Establish clear division of duties and monthly closing routine.
· Implement procedures and processes to insure strong financial controls.
· Train Cange finance team on Excel, accounting, and budget management.
· Strengthen the local team’s ability to track expenses by fund in a timely and accurate manner.
· Bachelor’s degree with a major or concentration in economics, business, accounting, finance or management information systems.
· Demonstrated ability to learn new systems and train others.
· Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem solving abilities.
· Strong accounting knowledge.
· Detail orientation with the ability to quickly master subject matter and see it in the context of a broader operational framework.
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and demonstrated ability to work across a range of cultures, personalities and competencies.
· Experience working in resource poor settings desirable.
· Willingness to live in rural Haiti for 2-3 months.
· Commitment to health and social justice.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results