Title: Volunteer Women’s Health Clinical Advisor
Reports to: PIH Clinical Directorate
Location: Boston, MA
Commitment: 4-5 hours/week
Partners In Health (“PIH”), headquartered in Boston, MA, is an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. Through its service delivery, training, advocacy and research, PIH works globally to bring the benefits of modern medical science to those most in need and to serve as an antidote to despair. PIH operates sites for clinical care, research and training in 10 countries (Haiti, Peru, Russia, Boston, Rwanda, Lesotho, Malawi, Mexico, and the Dominican Republic) and has a growing network of affiliated organizations and initiatives in several other countries, including Nepal, Burundi, Mali, Liberia, Guatemala, and Togo.
This is an exciting time for PIH. The organization is taking on immense challenges while its heightened visibility has brought the opportunity to influence even greater changes on the global stage. As our work continues to increase in scope and impact, PIH seeks individuals committed to the mission and values of the organization to join the team.
The Volunteer Women’s Health Clinical Advisor will provide expertise and guidance to women’s health initiatives at PIH. S/he will work closely with the Women’s Health Working Group and Clinical Directorate in the pursuit of overall quality improvement in the delivery of women’s health services across PIH sites. This is a volunteer position.
1. Certified Nurse-Midwife or OB/GYN physician.
2. Master’s Degree in Public Health preferred.
3. Experience in providing health care in resource poor settings.
4. Teaching experience, both in a clinical setting as well as in a classroom setting.
5. General knowledge of HIV/AIDS and Maternal to Child Transmission of HIV.
6. Proficiency in French.
7. Strong leadership ability, interpersonal communications, and team-building skills.
8. Commitment to social justice and advocating for the poor.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results