PIH | Engage, a new Partners In Health initiative, is a grassroots movement to realize the human right to health. We are a growing movement of over thirty communities of young professionals, students, retirees, and congregations across the U.S. committed to demonstrating our support for the idea that health is a human right. We do this through educating others about global health, advocating for global health policies, and generating resources to support the work of Partners In Health.
Volunteers will manage a project that is crucial to supporting the grassroots movement to realize health as a human right, through training, campaign strategy, and recruitment.
• Manage and support a team of volunteers dedicated to the mission of PIH | Engage
• Develop and carry out a work plan and vision for various projects
• Innovate and advance tools, guides, and systems to support the work of PIH | Engage communities
• Conduct secondary research on global health issues, advocacy activity, or training principles
• Create, organize, and plan for a training workshop for community leaders
• Support planning for major campaigns and events, including communications and scheduling
• Contribute to the recruitment process of community leaders and volunteers
The ideal volunteer will also:
• Be flexible, proactive, and excited about the potential for a grassroots movement to realize the human right to health
• Be able to come up with three solutions for every roadblock they see
• Keep track of their own to-do list and know how to prioritize activities
• Work collaboratively as a team, learn from each other, and provide constructive feedback
• Commit to 5 full days a week (Monday – Friday) in the PIH office located at 888 Commonwealth Ave, plus in-person team meetings every week
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results