Job Title: Volunteer Graphic Designer
Reports to: Manager of Targeted Communications
Location: Boston, MA
Partners In Health ("PIH"), headquartered in Boston, MA, is an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. Through its service delivery, training, advocacy and research, PIH works globally to bring the benefits of modern medical science to those most in need and to serve as an antidote to despair. PIH operates sites for clinical care, research and training in 10 countries (Haiti, Peru, Russia, Boston, Rwanda, Lesotho, Malawi, Kazakhstan, Mexico, the Dominican Republic) and has a growing network of affiliated organizations and initiatives in several other countries, including Nepal, Burundi, Mali, Liberia, Guatemala, and Togo.
This is an exciting time for PIH. The organization is taking on immense challenges, while its new found visibility has brought the opportunity to influence even greater changes on the global stage. As the work continues to expand, PIH seeks individuals committed to the mission and values of the organization (see PIH values) to join the team.
This volunteer position is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate or undergraduate looking to get hands on experience working as part of an in-house Communications team. The Graphic Design Volunteer will assist the lead Graphic Designer in designing both print and digital communications.
Tasks may include but will not be limited to:
• Assisting with the design of printed and digital materials, including country/program fact sheets, event invitations, and infographics
• Preparing files for print
• Monitoring and updating inventories for printed materials
• Participating in strategic meetings to increase awareness of Partners In Health and create brand recognition
• Writing content and/or editing copy for marketing materials
• Performing general administrative tasks as needed
• Strong interest in the non-profit sector and social justice
• Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
• Microsoft Office
• Excellent design skills with a strong focus on typography and layout
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Resourcefulness, ability to take initiative, and to work both independently and as a team
• Experience in writing and editing copy for marketing materials
• Knowledge of basic HTML and familiarity designing for the web is a plus
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results