Special Assistant (Immediate)
School Description: PAVE Academy Charter School prepares Kindergarten - 8th grade students to thrive in competitive high schools and four-year colleges. PAVE provides its students with a rigorous academic program and a school community built on the school's core values of Perseverance, Achievement, Vibrance and Excellent character. The school opened in August 2008 with approximately 88 Kindergarten and 1st grade students and will add an additional grade each year until it serves nearly 450 students in Kindergarten - 8th grade. In 2013 - 2014, PAVE serves nearly 400 students in Kindergarten - 6th grade.
Position Summary: PAVE Academy Charter School seeks a Special Assistant to the school’s Executive Director, Chief Operations and Finance Officer, and Director of Development and Talent. This person will be involved in nearly every aspect of a growing education organization, primarily fundraising, recruiting, and marketing/communications; additionally, this person will help support operations, finance, and school culture. The Special Assistant will manage and support a variety of projects as the organization continues to operate a successful charter school and pursues new initiatives to broaden its impact. As part of a fast-paced organization, the candidate must be a team player who is extremely organized, has an excellent attention to detail, and is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
• Embody, advocate and operationalize the mission, vision, and strategic direction of PAVE
• Represent the organization with a variety of stakeholders, including but not limited to donors, candidates, families, and community members
• Research prospective funding sources, including foundations, corporations, and individuals
• Support all projects related to donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
• Support all fundraising events, including a private shopping event with JCrew and an annual Golf Tournament
• Ensure all donors are acknowledged in a timely and appropriate manner
• Record all donations and maintain accurate paper and electronic records
• Liaise with PAVE’s Board of Trustees to prepare them for all meetings and events
• Contribute to PAVE’s marketing and communications strategy, including: quarterly newsletters, social media, print media, website, and all materials
• Review resumes to identify high-quality candidates for all open positions
• Schedule phone interviews and school visits with candidates
• Manage fundraising and recruiting databases; use databases to generate reports that analyze trends and inform future strategies
• Coordinate family, staff, and recruiting events
• Manage and coordinate calendars as needed
• Assist with other record maintenance as needed
• Lunch, recess and dismissal duty as needed
• Perform all other duties as assigned by the Development and Recruitment Manager
Qualifications and Experience
• Strong commitment to PAVE’s mission and vision
• Uncompromising belief that all students can learn
• Relentless work ethic with a high degree of patience and flexibility to work through challenges
• Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
• Willingness to be held accountable, and the desire and humility to grow
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
• Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe Creative Suite and a general comfort with databases
• Project management, development, and/or communications experience preferred
• Bachelor’s Degrees required
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Substantial merit bonuses will be awarded each year based on student academic performance and other metrics established by the Executive Director. In addition to financial compensation, all PAVE staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, necessary supplies, and extensive professional development.
A charter school shall not discriminate against any student or limit the admission of any student on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, gender, disability, intellectual ability, measures of aptitude, athletic ability, disability, race, creed, gender, national origin, religion or ancestry or any other ground that would be unlawful if done by a school. A school may not require any action by a student or family (such as an admissions test, interview, essay, attendance at an information session, etc.) in order for an applicant to either receive or submit an application for admission to that school.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results