Founding Middle School Math Teacher
Founding Middle School Teacher (Math)
School Description: PAVE Academy Charter School prepares Kindergarten - 8th grade students to thrive in competitive high schools and four-year colleges. PAVE provides its students with a rigorous academic program and a school community built on the school's core values of Perseverance, Achievement, Vibrance and Excellent character. The school opened in August 2008 with approximately 88 Kindergarten and 1st grade students and will add an additional grade each year until it serves nearly 450 students in Kindergarten - 8th grade. In 2013 - 2014, PAVE's Elementary School serves 270 Kindergarten - 4th grade students and PAVE's Middle School serves nearly 90 5th and 6th grade students.
Position Summary: PAVE Academy Charter School seeks a founding Middle School Math teacher to help launch the Middle School. We are looking for an educator who is committed to education reform, believes that all scholars can and will achieve at high levels with joyful, rigorous instruction, and who can commit to a consistent school-wide culture that cultivates growth within our scholars. PAVE’s founding Middle School teachers will be involved in developing and implementing the curriculum and assessment programs for the first cohort of scholars in the Middle School, and will need to be flexible, adaptive, and responsive to feedback to create a growing team environment. Middle School teachers will report to the Middle School Principal.
· Ability to thrive in the intense environment of a high-performing charter school
· Remain consistent, organized and reliable under pressure
· Strong skills in following-through, finishing what is started, and striving for excellence
· A relentless work ethic and a high degree of patience to work through difficult challenges
· Desire to learn and grow professionally with the ability to accept and implement feedback received for real-time improvement
· Uses data to drive decisions and ensure high levels of accountability
· Someone who has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while making adjustments and prioritizing needs of students
· A positive, high-energy attitude and a drive for personal excellence
· Willingness to be hands-on and do whatever it takes to support the success of PAVE
· Open to learning, willing to grow, and passionately seeking opportunities to be involved in the charter education movement of academic excellence and high rigor
· Tremendous organizational skills, attention to detail and a knack for consistency
· Ability to think critically about the details of a task at hand and backwards plan in order to meet project timelines
Qualifications and Experience
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Substantial increases will be awarded each year based on student academic performance and other metrics established by the Principal. In addition to financial compensation, all PAVE teachers are equipped with a laptop computer, email, necessary instructional supplies, and extensive professional development.
Apply by completing our online application:
A charter school shall not discriminate against any student or limit the admission of any student on the basis of ethnicity, national origin, gender, disability, intellectual ability, measures of aptitude, athletic ability, disability, race, creed, gender, national origin, religion or ancestry or any other ground that would be unlawful if done by a school. A school may not require any action by a student or family (such as an admissions test, interview, essay, attendance at an information session, etc.) in order for an applicant to either receive or submit an application for admission to that school.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results