The primary objectives for this position include providing analytical, technical and general professional level support to the compensation function. The individual will also assist in job evaluations, competitive salary analysis, survey participation, incentive plan administration and the annual salary review process.
- Responsible for assisting in the administration of company compensation programs.
- Participates in annual salary surveys and maintains job matching database.
- Perform job evaluations for single and multiple jobs.
- Evaluate and analyze salary data and competitive market pay. Determine pay grades and provide HR Business Partner with competitive pay data and grade recommendations.
- Produce ad hoc and weekly standard comp reports
- Provide data auditing and support data integrity processes to ensure data accuracy and integrity in HR systems.
- Assists with annual review of salary structure and updates structure as needed.
- Maintains HRIS job title system and repository of all position descriptions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 2 years experience in compensation analysis, or related area HR background.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within area.
- Ability to analyze and recommend solutions based on available data.
- Ability to set out work plans with milestones and successfully follow-up on plans and meet deadlines.
- Collaborative team player who has the ability to effectively interact with multiple working styles as well as work across all levels.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and capable of prioritizing work in a fast moving environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as ability to create and deliver high quality finished work product.
- Good analytical skills with an eye for detail are also important.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in Excel, experience with HRIS applications a plus.
Cengage Learning is an equal opportunity employer, committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
About Cengage Learning
Cengage Learning is a leading educational content, software and services company for the academic, professional and library markets worldwide. The company provides personalized services and course-driven digital solutions that enhance the educational process resulting in a more engaged learner. Through the integration of content, unmatched services and digital solutions, Cengage Learning delivers a best-in-the-industry experience, resulting in better curricula and improved learner outcomes. Cengage Learning is headquartered in Stamford, CT. For more information on Cengage Learning please visit www.cengage.com