The Digital Content Designer is the learning design expert on an assigned product team, with expertise in subject matter and understanding of platform capabilities. They will conceive content for our online solutions and will map key customer needs and functionality into the learning path. The ideal candidate will not only have a passion for education, but also has a deep understanding of and passion for education within the (discipline), creative ideas on how to reach, engage and retain students along with demonstrably outstanding writing skills.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Collaborate with Product Manager and Technology stakeholders on Learning Path Modeling. Conceive content needed for a model Learning Path for (discipline).
- Create activity models for Learning Paths. Identify types of activities needed to support the Learning Path for (discipline).
- Write Course Outcomes and Learning Objectives for course/text
- Create, advise and approve tagging taxonomies for content (which feeds MindTap and other Cengage Learning product analytics)--
- Identify and help train SME's for content creation working collaboratively with Product Manager and Content Developer.
- Advise and consult with Technology stakeholders to help inform requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in discipline
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience in discipline, preferably in higher education and or combination of related experience and education
- Proficiency and experience with technology in the classroom
- Excellent knowledge of grammar and command of the English Language
- Demonstrated ability to identify and understand engaging instructional material
- Flexible, dedicated, team-oriented individual with ability to collaborate effectively
- Experience authoring digital content
- PhD in (discipline)
- Instructional design experience, certificate, or Degree
Cengage Learning is an equal opportunity employer, committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
About Cengage Learning
Cengage Learning is a leading educational content, software and services company for the academic, professional and library markets worldwide. The company provides personalized services and course-driven digital solutions that enhance the educational process resulting in a more engaged learner. Through the integration of content, unmatched services and digital solutions, Cengage Learning delivers a best-in-the-industry experience, resulting in better curricula and improved learner outcomes. Cengage Learning is headquartered in Stamford, CT. For more information on Cengage Learning please visit www.cengage.com