The Digital Content Designer is the learning design expert on an assigned product team, with expertise in subject matter and understanding of platform capabilities. They will conceive content for our online solutions and will map key customer needs and functionality into the learning path. The ideal candidate will not only have a passion for education, but also has a deep understanding of and passion for education within the Marketing discipline, creative ideas on how to reach, engage and retain students along with demonstrably outstanding writing skills.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Collaborate with Product Manager and Technology stakeholders on Learning Path Modeling. Conceive content needed for a model Learning Path for the Marketing discipline.
- Write and develop online educational materials for undergraduate Marketing courses
- Be familiar with our current content to advise sales and support teams on content-related issues and answers questions from users
- Work with other content developers to write for, review, and edit our existing online Marketing homework materials
- Serve as a subject matter expert, advising colleagues and customers on learning design and product development for above course areas
- Write Course Outcomes and Learning Objectives for course/text in the Marketing discipline
- Create, advise and approve tagging taxonomies for content (which feeds MindTap and other Cengage Learning product analytics)
- Create activity models for Learning Paths. Identify types of activities needed to support the Learning Path for the Marketing discipline.
- Advise and consult with Technology stakeholders to help inform requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- MBA or a Master’s degree in a closely related field (PhD preferred)
- A minimum of 2 years of experience teaching undergraduate courses in Marketing, especially at the introductory level
- Demonstrated ability to write effective and engaging instructional materials such as activities, assessments, and engagement exercises on deadline
- Proficiency and experience with technology in the classroom
- Excellent knowledge of grammar and command of the English language
- Top-notch written and oral communication skills
- Computer savvy with the ability to quickly pick up technical skills
- Bright, hard-working, flexible, dedicated, and team-focused self starter
Cengage Learning is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or protected veteran status.
About Cengage Learning
Cengage Learning is a leading educational content, software and services company for the academic, professional and library markets worldwide. The company provides personalized services and course-driven digital solutions that enhance the educational process resulting in a more engaged learner. Through the integration of content, unmatched services and digital solutions, Cengage Learning delivers a best-in-the-industry experience, resulting in better curricula and improved learner outcomes. Cengage Learning is headquartered in Boston, MA. For more information on Cengage Learning please visit www.cengage.com