Prepare changes/revisions to existing technical publications and/or create new publications in accordance with prescribed specifications in either electronic or hard copy format.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Research engineering drawings, technical specifications, equipment catalogues and other source data, as required, for the purpose of preparing, in a computerized environment, publication changes and revisions.
- Ensure that the technical data reflects the latest system/equipment configuration.
- Prepare clear and concise draft material and when required, provide instructions for supporting illustrations.
- Complete workflow control documentation for draft material.
- Compile draft text and illustration for presentation to the customer, ensuring the product is technically accurate, logically presented, consistent with the appropriate specifications and all customer requirements have been addressed.
- Provide mentorship and training to junior technical writers.
- Assist other technical writers in preparing their work packages for draft manuscript presentations.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Technical Writing Supervisor.
- High school graduate with post-secondary technical training or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1 – 5 years experience in a technical writing or similar environment.
- Maintenance of Common Aircraft, Naval or Land mechanical, electrical or electronic systems or equivalent experience would be considered an asset.
- Knowledgeable in the use of a variety of hardware and software programs.
- Familiarity with S1000D, ATA, CALs, MIL/STD Specifications, SGML and XML would be considered a definite asset.
- Good oral and above average written communication skills.
- Self-starter, dedicated to a high degree of accuracy, pride in workmanship, co-operative, able to work under pressure, thorough and meticulous, strong interpersonal skills and a flair for quality.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to IMP Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies. Continually focusing on your individual safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your work and to fully comply with all Federal Health and Safety Legislation.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement, Lean & 5S activities in your area.
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply on-line at www.impgroup.com.
Internal applicants please use source code: I am an IMP employee.
IMP is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self identify on either your cover letter or resume.