Sr. Programmer Analyst (X++)
|Company Order Number:||848|
|# of openings:||1|
Imerys, world leader in mining and processing industrial minerals, is hiring a Sr. X++ Programmer/Analyst based at our North American Headquarters in Roswell, GA. This individual will provide assistance in the design, plan, coordination and implementation of the Imerys North American applications portfolio. Also responsible for overseeing the development of North American application standards and requirements gathering from a shared Business Unit perspective. The role assists the BU in accurately identifying shared needs and technical requirements. Will also be responsible for the design, development, successful delivery and support of shared applications, while providing guidance to the design and deliver of BU specific application solutions.
The role also ensures an effective operation of the North America Applications team and its alignment with Business Units objectives.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Use strategic thinking to see the big picture, determine the problem and to build systems accordingly
• Ensure that shared business requirements are translated into succinct clear requirements that support desired benefits
• Develop ‘As-Is’ and ‘To-Be’ process flows to support shared business requirements
• Provide guidance in the preparation of User Acceptance Testing plans to meet project goals.
• Interface with Business Unit IT Managers to ensure business requirements are accurately met.
• Provide guidance in the preparation of training and rollout plans for new systems or enhancements to existing systems
• Prepare and deliver insights and recommendations based on technical and business knowledge.
• Assist in the Buy or Build application systems decisions.
• Identify trends within areas of responsibility and analyze / synthesize findings.
• Maintain a working knowledge of business unit processes, procedures and applications portfolio.
• Provide functional application and integration guidance in the Business Unit’s ERP selection and transition process.
• Institute and validate adoption of application standards. Coordinate with the BU IT Manager and BU Systems Analyst to define application policies, procedures, guidelines and standards.
• Manage financial aspects of the Application group, including purchasing, budgeting, and on-going budget review
Skills and Attributes Requirements:
• Proficient in X++ Program Development
• Strong leadership skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required.
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
• Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating business cases, budgets, etc.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Results oriented
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to continuously adapt and respond to new challenges
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
• Strategic thinker with the ability to execute assignments.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Exceptional customer service orientation.
• Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Bachelors Degree in Information Systems. MBA or equivalent business experience preferred.
• 5+ years experience in systems analysis, design and programming.
• 3+ years experience in development languages X++, Visual Basic, VB .Net, ASP.NET, SQL.
• 3+ years experience in Microsoft Dynamics 2009
• 3+ years experience in data modeling and tools.
• 3+ years experience in project management principles and tools.
• Package software configuration experience a plus
• Diverse IT technical background
• Strong analytical / technical foundation
• Strong communications skills (ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of cross-discipline business and information technology associates)
• Consulting experience a plus
• Sitting frequently up to 70% of work time. Standing and walking up to 30% of work time.
• On-call availability as needed
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
• Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
Key words: X++, Microsoft AX, Developer, ERP, Programmer, Microsoft Dynamics
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results