New Product Development Manager, Filtration
|Company Order Number:||636|
|# of openings:||1|
IMERYS, global leader in minerals processing, is hiring a New Product Development Manager for our San Jose, CA, office. This individual will be responsible for driving new customer and product growth in filtration applications. Be a key driving force for product, market and technology strategy for the global Filtration Minerals business group. Key markets include beverage, food, sweeteners, energy, pharmaceutical and other niche applications.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for significantly driving the expansion of minerals into new customers, markets and applications
• Focal entry point of new product ideas in support of NPD for filtration applications. Responsible for continuous refinement of the strategy.
• Identify key growth opportunities and advance the relationships between Imerys and potential direct and indirect customers in order to fully develop opportunities for growth, profitability and strategic positioning. Develop and execute annual plans that include :
• Develop key partners and relationships throughout the value chain that will enable Imerys to grow its business in such new applications.
• Measure, analyze, and report performance against assigned objectives for growth in segment.
• Identify and coordinate internal resources required to meet segment growth objectives.
• Identifying competitive patents and commercial developments that overlap with our growth strategy.
• Actively lead the Segment Team meetings, and the NPD Stage Gate Process.
Education and Experience requirements:
• Knowledge and skills identified below typically are acquired through undergraduate-level studies in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or other relevant technical discipline (Biology, Chemistry, etc)
• MBA Preferred
• 5-10 years demonstrated business experience in an industrial environment including successful selling, project management, and new account development
• Demonstrated knowledge of processing, equipment, and methods, as well as reading financial statements and producing reports showing profitability by product segments and circuits
• Efficient Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) computer skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge and understanding of business research principles, processes, and techniques. Ability to develop and prepare business analyses and plans.
• Ability to effectively communicate and negotiate at all levels of the customer organization including R&D, operations, purchasing, and C-level and gather voice of customers at all levels of the value chain and organization
• Demonstrated strategic selling and technical skills
• Strong internal and external project/influence management skills. One must have the ability to work closely with other individuals in cross functional roles and gain their support through teamwork and non-reporting influence. Strong analytical, market management, pricing, and business development skills
• Able to work effectively with internal customers at all levels in the organization. Excellent “teaming” skills. Able to work effectively on cross-functional teams and projects.
• Knowledge in problem-solving solids-liquid solids technical matters – both with external customers as well as with internal customers
• Strong communication skills: written, spoken, and exceptionally strong presentation skills. Ability to communicate clearly and accurately with all business areas – sales, marketing, operations, research, and quality organizations. Strong command of the English language (written and verbal communications).
• Very strong computer skills (the use of Excel, relational databases, and word processing software)
• Demonstrated skill in project management principles (practices, techniques, and tools)
• This job requires a highly self-motivated person who can seek out issues that need resolution and resolve issues through building relations rather than through a direct reporting structure.
Domestic travel required. Up to 50%
International travel required. Up to 25%
Direct Reports: 1 (Marketing Associate-Strategist)
Physical/Environmental Aspects – US ONLY
Office Sitting: 85 %
Office Standing: 5%
Office Walking: 10%
Travel Sitting: 20%
Travel Standing: 40% (often in the environment of customer plant equipment - both relatively cold and hot)
Travel Walking: 40% (often including significant stair climbing)
IMERYS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results