HAEMONETICS, THE Blood Management Company is a global leader engaged in the design, manufacture and worldwide sales and marketing of blood management solutions. Recognized as the innovator in blood technologies, our mission is to create innovative products, design information technology platforms and to provide consulting services to advance the safety, quality and availability of the world’s blood supply.
The primary responsibilities of the Network Administrator are:
• Designs, implements, maintains and monitors the stable operation of the company’s managed networks.
• Assists in implementing a secure network infrastructure to support hosting operations.
Also, the Network Administrator is responsible for the following functions according to guidelines established in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs):
• Designs, implements, and maintains network topologies for the company and its client networks.
• Working with the Security Administrator, provides consulting services to clients for secure network designs.
• Assists in designing and implementing disaster recovery plans for network and security infrastructure.
• Designs, implements, and supports firewall configurations, internal/external routing, switch configurations, Quality/Class of Service for VOIP, wireless networks, network access control list for traffic flow on managed networks.
• Researches, designs, and implements high level network redundancy and load balancing.
• Monitors & analyzes ISP bandwidth utilization, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs and network traffic for suspicious activity. Recommends enhancements to meet new or changing network demands.
• Provides guidance and corrective recommendations to prevent network outage incidents.
• Identifies and remedies network performance bottlenecks.
• Inspects, maintains, and, where necessary, replaces network cabling, voice/data jacks, and other network-related equipment.
• Develops and implements policies, procedures, and associated training for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
• Conducts research, recommends, schedules, and performs improvements, upgrades, and/or purchases to secure network infrastructure.
• Implements and validates Virtual LANs, DMZs, and IDS/IPS to ensure network security.
• Provides backup support for configuring and troubleshooting servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
• Provides guidance and consultation to other teams and members of the Technical Operations team.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field.
• 2+ years directly related experience or 5+ years equivalent work experience in intermediate to senior network/security administration roles.
• Certifications in Cisco and Information Security are desirable.
• Extensive hands-on experience with Cisco PIX/ASA firewalls, Cisco Routers and Switches.
• Extensive hands-on technical knowledge of network systems, protocols, and standards such as Ethernet, LAN, WAN, frame relay, xDSL, TCP/IP, T1, 802.11x, QOS, COS, MPLS, VOIP.
• In-depth technical knowledge of networks and platform operating systems, including UNIX/Linux, Windows, and network operating systems.
• Ability to conduct research into network issues and products as required.
• Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as a contributing member of a team.
• Highly self motivated and self managed.
• Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail.
Haemonetics Corporation is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.