Responsible for overseeing property compliance with all regulatory agencies associated with the company and its subsidy programs including Section 42, Section 8, 501C3 Safe Harbor and other affordable subsidy programs as necessary.
Essential Job Functions – The individual must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Supervise, develop and mentor the staff of the Compliance Department.
- Interact with senior executives, department heads and external partners to execute the company’s strategy as it relates to compliance.
- Ensure that reporting and monitoring of all compliance requirements for each property is completed.
- Identify opportunities to improve Compliance Department’s communication with internal and external parties.
- Work directly with the Compliance Department and Property Management staff to ensure properties are in compliance with specific housing programs including Section 8, Section 42, 501C3 Safe Harbor and other programs.
- Develop, manage and maintain policies and procedures to ensure adherence to housing program rules and regulations.
- Ensure that subsidy training programs adequately cover procedures and policies related to compliance with applicable housing programs.
- Develop systems to ensure the Compliance Department is running efficiently.
- Oversee the compliance requirements of property acquisitions and new construction developments.
- Four year degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Five or more years of affordable housing compliance experience required.
- Experience with the Section 42 and Section 8 Housing Programs required.
- Multiple state and affordable housing program experience preferred.
- Industry certifications such as: Tax Credit Compliance Specialist (TaCCs), National Compliance Professional (NCP), Housing Credit Certified Professional (HCCP), Tax Credit Specialist (TCS), Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS), COS Advanced (COSA), or Blended Occupancy Specialist (BOS) preferred.
- Experience with the 501C3 Safe Harbor program preferred.
- Experience with Yardi Voyager preferred.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Able to work a varied schedule as needed.
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate ability to read and comprehend the English Language.