~~ExperTech is actively recruiting a Terminal Manager for a high profile client in the Transport industry.
• Develop objectives for the branch and region of the company.
• Identify needs for human capital, material and financial resources necessary for the smooth operations of the branch.
• coordinate, guide and directly assist a team of supervisors in the daily management of operations.
• Assists and direct the work of a team of sales representatives
Set work schedule and assign tasks and responsibilities of each of the objectives and priorities.
• Evaluate routes and make changes with supervisors in order to increase profitability and productivity.
• Anticipate problems and make the necessary adjustments
• Compare actual performance to goals
• Inform supervisors of events during the week and plan in order to improve the service activities
• Inform and apply all changes of laws and regulations in the transport sector
• Manage effectively available resources.
• Keep supervisors informed of special events and activities.
• Notify the Vice- President Operations of orientations for the branch.
• Assess the quality and performance of activities in accordance with legal requirements, established standards , accepted practices and priorities.
• Ensure smooth operations delivery time .
• motivate supervisors to achieve the performance objectives of the department.
• Identify staffing needs with the help of supervisors.
• Occasionally meet candidates interviewed to fill one or more positions .
• Identify development needs , training and coaching employees.
• Ensure compliance of employees and associates on the various permits and certifications required for the exercise of their functions.
• Evaluate employee performance and take necessary actions in case of non- performance.
Job requirements ( identify the real requirements of the job )
College degree in . administration or transportation or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years experience in operations management .
- LTL, TL experience
- knowledge of the Highway Safety Code .
- Experience in personnel management
- Skills developed at the strategic planning
- Good communication
- Easy to solve problems.
- Sense of priorities .