Summary of Responsibilities:
Ellie Mae is a provider of enterprise on-demand solutions, including an online network, software and services for the residential mortgage industry. We are leading the mortgage industry into the future, developing and marketing software solutions that are transforming how mortgage lenders, investors, and settlement service providers work—and work together. We are expanding our development teams and seeking to hire new software developers to participate in design, development, and enhancement of new products and maintenance of existing products.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives:
- Contribute to Ellie Mae’s product development team in moving our leading mortgage software solutions to the next level.
- Analyze, design, develop and unit test software applications with high quality and on schedule, including business critical Web services to be consumed by internal/external applications.
- Analyzes, programs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs.
- Use modern programming languages/technologies and apply industry standard software development best practices.
- Collaborate closely with groups in and outside the development team (eg. QA, Product Management, SaaS Operations, UE, Tech Pub) to achieve well groomed, predictable results.
Qualifications, Skills & Education:
- 2-6 years of professional experience in commercial software or corporate application development
- BA/BS or higher in a computer software or related field
- Knowledge and experience in enterprise-scale multi-tier, distributed architecture
- Understanding of HTTP/S and Windows/Web-based application architecture
- Solid experience in object-oriented design and development with languages such as C# or Java
- Solid experience in .NET technologies (eg., Windows Forms, WCF, WebAPI, MVC), or J2EE (eg. JSP/JSF, JavaBeans)
- Experienced with database concepts and databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, and/or NoSQL; experienced with MongoDB is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to deliver working solutions on a tight schedule
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- SaaS/Cloud experience (design and operational)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with performance tuning or optimizing code (back-end/front-end)
- Workflow engine experience
- ORM (eg., Hibernate/nHibernate) experience