DCM Inc. is a construction management company managing the execution of a conglomerate of affiliated construction contractors. We are currently executing several major projects, and are continuing to expand our presence throughout Canada.
We are looking for skilled and dynamic employees to help us build a variety of competencies.
Functions and duties:
- Perform payroll tasks for unionized and/or non-unionized environments
- Manage project accounting databases to ensure timely upkeep and control.
- Maintain records for all Subcontractors and employees
- Assist Project Accountant & Project Manager with cost queries, project forecasts and planning.
- Perform various general accounting duties, daily timesheet entry and preparation of reports.
- Prepare invoices, as per contract requirements
- Accounts payable and receivable
- General office duties
- Work closely with Project Manager in preparing invoices for work performed during the month.
- Maintain records for all Subcontractors including expiration of accounts and acknowledgement of Contract amounts that surpass the established ratings through the Change Order process.
- Assist Project Accountant and Project Manager in maintaining up-to-date and accurate records in tracking Contemplated Change Notices, Change Directives and Requests for Information.
- Perform other Site Administrator related functions as required by Management.
- Past experience in accounting and payroll in a construction-related environment would be an asset.
- Computer skills with experience in MSWord, Excel, Accounting Software
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment to meet deadlines
- High School Diploma; equivalency considered
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience would be considered an asset
Skills and Particularities:
- Strong sense of initiative and self -motivation
- Energetic and team oriented
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- Ability to produce quality work with very little guidance
- Close attention to detail and can work well under pressure and with other departments across the organization.
- Strong organizational skills with a focus on accuracy
- Have excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
- Full time
- Rotation of 7 days onsite and 7 days off site, 12 hours per day
- Working in Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Camp accomodations are provided
- Flights are provided from Calgary or Edmonton to site and from site to Calgary or Edmonton.