We are currently recruiting for the following open position:
Division/Department: Fragrance and Beauté
Title: Retail Manager:
Location: Chicago, IL
Chanel, Inc., a leader in the luxury goods industry, seeks a Retail Manager to develop retail sales through education and motivation of store sales staff and execution of retailer and Chanel promotional activity.
- Achieve retail sales plan by door
- Achieve net sales plan by door and account
- Increase rankings of core brands in each door
- Monitor stock levels and address issues, ensure proper order flow
- Train store associates on Chanel fragrances
- Coach store associates on key points of difference to help sales
- Train independent contractors as required and ensure that knowledge levels are maintained as assortment changes
- Ensure that all stores are merchandised according to Chanel guidelines
- Negotiate additional space at store level at key times or notify KAM of specific request (during peak or promotional times)
- Ensure stores have appropriate collateral and that it is displayed in prominent locations
- Monitor appropriate levels of testers to ensure availability to service customer at POS and to minimize company expenditure
- Schedule freelance support at key times within the budgetary restrictions of Chanel to ensure maximum ROI.
- Negotiate store support for events
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of activity and devise strategies for developing business for discussion with Regional Manager
- Strategically plan seasonal promotional activity
- Review business with store management during each store visit
- Share market information and trends with Chanel KAM's, Regional Manager, other Retail Managers, plus NYO management, as required
- Relay stock issues/needs to store management and KAM's
- Monitor expenditure versus budgets
- Create seasonal activity plans, by door, in conjunction with Regional Manager and corporate calendar
- Review shipment information for dispersal to stores
- Experience of working in a sales and training role or ability to demonstrate a history of training/developing people and teams.
- Has built, budgeted and achieved retail sales goals.
- Knowledge of department store business and possibly specialty door business.
- Have successfully recruited, supervised, scheduled freelancers.
- Has broad exposure to competitive landscape.
- Has executed sell-through programs.
- Knowledge of the fragrance business a plus.
- Minimum Education of High School graduate/College degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience within the fragrance and beaute, luxury goods or department store business. Preferably in a management role
- Must be able to drive for long periods of time.
- Must be self motivated and able to work with minimal in person supervision.
- Flexible with work schedule with a minimum of 1 Saturday/month.
Chanel, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.