Position Summary / Primary Duty:
To maximize operational efficiency of the KAM team. Develops consistent standards and tools for KAMs to assist them in driving business for their assigned retailers. This role is focused primarily on the analysis of business specifics and trends that allow for the development and implementation of strategies that maximize business initiatives, inventory control, order writing efficiency, launch allocations, returns and retailer negotiations. Personally, this individual will focus on the Macy’s account in collaboration with the Macys KAM Sales & Planning team.
- Develop and coach Macy’s KAMs through regular, quality meetings to set strategies and objectives.
- Develop consistent approaches to maximize the efficiency of the KAMs
- Provide KAM team with tools to analyze and track business
- Maintain effective communication with VPs, Sales and internal departments to ensure corporate objectives are met.
- Collaborate with KAM community at large to help influence their performance.
- Work with KAMs of sales team to develop and implement strategic and effective promotional programs including co-op, scent, direct mail and TV.
- Analyze and maintain appropriate Macys staffing levels, productivity and recommend strategic initiatives to support and develop the teams at counter.
- Analyze and make recommendations to improve/increase Macy’s space and location for the brand.
- Develop actionable plans to improve rank and penetration in Beaute and Fragrances @ Macys.
- Maximize Chanel’s Macy’s specific field positions (Beaute Expert, Account Coordinators and Blitz teams) and provide recommendations to evolve the program and analyze ROI.
Account Inventory Management:
- Develop, track and monitor stock and sales plans and ensure monthly forecasting & BOM accuracy within KAM community.
- Responsible for driving field partnerships to achieve and/or exceed the Company's profit and sales plan. This is to be accomplished through: effective building of relationships with the Regional and RM teams as well as the RCMD and DM teams from Macy’s.
- Maintain solid partnerships with the Macy’s account to develop their business strategies, assessing their strengths and weaknesses, to exploit growth and minimize potential risk factors for shipments
- Establish and communicate clear goals and objectives for shipment plans (i.e.: Seasonal, Holiday, Key Launch Initiatives)
- Analyze and develop seasonal stock and sales plans to maximize shipment performance utilizing launch product shipment schedule
- Develop regular communication procedure with buyers to review inventory levels
- Partner with the buying office and Macy’s KAM team to ensure that basic stock levels are maintained and order flow is timely.
- Partner with Macy’s KAM team to monitor and manage Returns.
- Partner with Forecasting and Allocations Management to secure appropriate allocations on launch programs, holiday, etc. to maximize sell thru and reduce returns.
- Monitor and recap all key Initiatives as it relates to inventory demand. Provide topside ST by account of key initiatives or launches
- Monitor Weeks of supply for Macy’s based on annual volume
- Monitor “up to levels” based on product assortment and annual retail sales and identify areas of opportunities for additional shipments
Knowledge and Experience:
Skills and Knowledge: Must be well versed in order management and replenishment within the retail and cosmetic world. Must understand the importance of order flow and distribution needs within budget parameters. Must have experience in buying office negotiations and operations. Must be able to develop, nurture and enhance relationships within the retail partner structure.
Undergraduate degree in Business Administration
Minimum Years of Experience:
10+ years Industry experience
Special Requirements of the Position:
- Ability to prioritize projects and manage competing demands of internal departments and retail partners.
- Applies a systematic approach to problem solving through analytical thinking and sound judgment
- Anticipates risk, liabilities, generates ideas, insights and solutions for continued growth
- Analyzes WOS and uses all available tools such as salesforce.com and Cognos to interpret statistics and make sound decisions.
- Strong project management skills to execute multiple projects simultaneously (long term planning and short term execution).
- Sales Administration, Demand Planning, Education, Marketing, MPOS, & RM’s and Regional Manager’s with Macy*s door responsibility.
- Macy’s merchant organization, Visual Merchandising team, Financial Operations team and Operational/Logistics team.
- Position requires developed verbal and written communication (including spreadsheets). Must communicate in a clear, concise and consistent way in accordance with account/company objectives.
- Effectively collaborate with peers and cross-functional departments.
Scope and Impact of Position:
- Recommend strategic initiatives or programs with respect to sales and planning, increased staffing levels, improved space and location (if applicable), improved ROI and input on CapEx.
- Develop and coach F & B Macy's KAM’s of Planning and Sales to align with strategic objectives.
Chanel, Inc. and its U.S. affiliates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.