Brella Productions, a new-media production company, is seeking a Freelance Proofreader/Editor to work on-site at our client’s north suburban location.
The candidate will provide quality assurance for pharmaceutical marketing and educational materials in a fast-paced in-house ad agency. The proofreader can expect to review a broad spectrum of media types, including print, electronic, convention materials, comprehensive PowerPoint presentations, journal ads, etc., targeted toward a variety of audiences, including medical professional, consumer, and corporate.
- Execute medical proofreading and writing activities for projects in accordance with applicable U.S. and international regulatory regulations and requirements under the supervision of the Agency Manager.
- Assume primary responsibility for proofreading of regulatory response documents and documents supporting major regulatory submissions, under the direction of the manager.
- Proofread documents for submission to FDA or other regulatory agencies, in accordance with team input, with oversight from the manager.
- Provide review and substantive editing of contributions from external contract writers.
- Excellent attention to detail, but able to look at a project (or series of projects) holistically
- Able to flex editing muscles when copy is awkward or confusing
- Able to review for both language (spelling, grammar, consistency) and design (colors, formatting, spacing, line wraps, etc.)
- Working knowledge of AMA style, including referencing; familiarity with proofreader’s marks
- Curious: Consistently dig below the surface to ensure content accuracy (no phone number, web address, or name goes unchecked, even if it’s in the source material)
- Critical thinker/Proactive problem-solver: Able to recognize potential content issues, ask questions, and do the research to make it right
- Flexible: Each project review varies greatly, based on project complexity, media type, project stage, audience, deadline, brand guidelines, etc. Learn the nuances of these variables and review accordingly
- Organized: Able to project-manage workload in a fast-paced, high-volume environment and shift priorities to accommodate fluctuating deadlines
- Team-oriented: It takes a village to produce high-quality communications, so we work closely with account managers, writers, designers, and clients on a daily basis
Educational & Prior Job Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or health profession with a minimum of 2-3 years’ proofreading experience; background in pharmaceutical or medical proofing a definite plus.
TBD depending on qualifications
HOW TO APPLY
Please go to http://brella.com/contact.html and select the CAREERS link to get started.
No phone calls, emails or recruiters please.
All applicants must be able to work onsite at our offices in Gurnee/North Chicago.