|Location:||Los Angeles, CA - Headquarters|
|Referral Program Level:||1|
Beats By Dre is building a strong platform development group to help redefine the consumer audio space. We’re looking for talented and experienced engineers with deep emphasis in embedded consumer products and passion for new technologies that will be able to define and prototype key embedded technologies and their applications. This is a new platform team at Beats with an opportunity to influence our product and feature roadmap through adoption of reusable, scalable and portable platforms. The ideal candidate will also thrive in a cross-functional and collaborative environment that is fast changing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Networking with industry experts at standards consortiums, chip manufacturers and solutions providers to expand the visibility and reach of Beats as a leading integrator of wireless technologies.
· Stay aware of new and emerging Bluetooth technologies. This includes attendance at wireless technology conferences to keep abreast of relevant industry trends and technologies.
· Participate and contribute to ongoing development in Bluetooth SIG working groups.
· Own Bluetooth focused technology and feature roadmap through collaboration with Product Management, User Experience and Business Development teams. Holds monthly demonstrations to upper management and other functional teams to expose new tech.
· Rapid prototyping of embedded Bluetooth hardware and software concepts.
· Provides direction through technical specifications for design, development and systems integration of wireless platforms that meet our unique real-time audio processing requirements.
· Define test criteria and acceptance metrics for Bluetooth Classic and Low Energy, protocols and applications.
· Create risk assessment documentation, and manage mitigation plans.
· Proven technical leader, capable of architecting products and platforms that will enhance the functionality, usability and appeal of consumer electronic products.
· Applies significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to stay ahead on leading edge technologies in core competency areas.
· Experience with Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth Low Energy
· Experience with Bluetooth profiles such as AVRCP, A2DP, HFP, SPP, and GATT
· Experience with CSR’s BC05 or CSR8670 is a major plus
· Proficient using Bluetooth analyzers such as Ellisys or Frontline to debug protocol stack issues.
· B.S. in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. M.S. highly desired.
· Minimum 5 years of experience as a product developer with demonstrated success in designing, developing and testing complex electronics systems.
• Minimum 2 years of experience with demonstrated success in leading engineering teams or projects in the development of electronic systems and devices
· Minimum of 2 years of experience developing embedded systems with Bluetooth responsibilities
• Proficient in C, including C development in resource-constrained embedded environments.
· Ability to interpret hardware circuits, schematics and block diagrams.
· Excellent communication (written and oral) and collaboration skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels of management.
ABOUT BEATS ELECTRONICS LLC:
Established in 2008 as the brainchild of legendary artist and producer Dr. Dre and Chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M Records Jimmy Iovine, Beats Electronics provides a premium sound experience at every touch point of the consumer’s life. It is the parent company of the Beats™ by Dr. Dre™ line of high-quality headphones, Beats Audio™ HD-sound systems, and the MOG digital music service. The company's mission is to provide a superior end-to-end music experience - with headphones, devices and services - so fans feel the emotion and hear the music the way artists intended it to sound from the studio. This experience is aided by partnerships with HP, Chrysler Group and HTC Mobile. Led by Co-Founder & CEO Jimmy Iovine, Co-Founder Dr. Dre, and President & COO Luke Wood, Beats Electronics is based in Santa Monica, CA.
To learn more about our company and products please visit http://beatsbydre.com.
Beats Electronics LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
|Job Type:||Full time|
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results