Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
|Location:||Los Angeles, CA - Headquarters|
|Referral Program Level:||1|
The primary objective for the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is to successfully design and develop new consumer electronics products. As part of this effort, Mechanical Design Engineers need to be innovative and collaborative with experience in designing, developing, patenting, testing, and documenting new designs. These engineers must have a strong track record of project completion. Another critical task in this role is research; you will be given the opportunity to develop proprietary mechanical/electromechanical designs, algorithms or circuitry needed to enhance the functionality of our products. Maintaining good research practices and being compliant with internal SOPs governing the research and the development of technologies, testing programs, Document Control, and Quality Assurance functions, will be essential for overall growth and success in this role
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Participate in the mechanical design and development of Beat’s consumer electronics products
· Perform 3D/2D design work as required
· Travel to China in support of mechanical engineer efforts or other department objectives as needed
· Lead efforts in sustaining engineering as directed
· Lead mechanical R&D efforts for new applications
· Assist mechanical engineering manager and other lead engineers as directed
· Perform rapid prototyping of new products and or urgent cosmetic samples
· Support product builds, launches and production as needed
· Attend group meetings to review project progress and team goals
· Create documentation for new and existing products as needed
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor of Science or higher in Mechanical Engineering
· Advanced understanding and design knowledge of materials and material properties for consumer electronics products, including plastics, metals, fabrics, foam, etc
· Advanced understanding of manufacturing techniques including injection molding, tooling, electroplating, and cosmetic treatments
· Minimum 5 years of industry experience an engineering role showing knowledge of consumer products process
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects independently
· Excellent verbal and written communication
COMPUTER & EQUIPMENT SKILLS:
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
ABOUT BEATS ELECTRONICS LLC:
Established in 2008 as the brainchild of legendary artist and producer Dr. Dre and Chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M Records Jimmy Iovine, Beats Electronics provides a premium sound experience at every touch point of the consumer’s life. It is the parent company of the Beats™ by Dr. Dre™ line of high-quality headphones, Beats Audio™ HD-sound systems, and the MOG digital music service. The company's mission is to provide a superior end-to-end music experience - with headphones, devices and services - so fans feel the emotion and hear the music the way artists intended it to sound from the studio. This experience is aided by partnerships with HP, Chrysler Group and HTC Mobile. Led by Co-Founder & CEO Jimmy Iovine, Co-Founder Dr. Dre, and President & COO Luke Wood, Beats Electronics is based in Santa Monica, CA.
To learn more about our company and products please visit http://beatsbydre.com.
Beats Electronics LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
|Job Type:||Full time|
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results