Software Engineer - Android
|Location:||Los Angeles, CA - Headquarters|
|Referral Program Level:||3*|
The “Software Engineer – Android” in this role is responsible for mobile software development for Beats’ family of products. This individual will be working to develop awesome software that is scalable, functional, and reliable.
- Develop mobile applications for the Android mobile operating systems.
- Develop user interfaces that are intuitive, usable, visually appealing and easy to learn.
- Develop software requirements specifications and software design specifications.
- Develop working, readable, testable, scalable, maintainable, and quality source code.
- Deliver materials on time, on budget, and of high quality.
- Work with hardware and software developers in a wide range of disciplines to develop fully integrated applications.
- B.S. in Computer Science or other related disciplines.
- 5+ years of software development.
- 3+ years of hands on development experience in Java, and Android SDK.
- 3+ years experience using integrated development environments such as Eclipse.
- Must have developed applications that are currently available in Android marketplaces, or are used widely by a large group (executables, documents, or any materials will be asked for during the interview process).
- Must have experience developing for multiple form factors (Phone/Tablet) and multiple resolutions.
- Experience with Bluetooth, and NFC wireless technologies on Android platforms.
- Experience with the Google’s Android user interface guidelines.
- Experience with user stories, use cases, UML, and any other requirements/designs methodologies.
- Experience with third party APIs such as Facebook, Google Analytics, Gigya, Spotify, etc.
- Experience with fast prototyping tools (i.e. mockflow, or photoshop) for wireframes and full user interface prototypes.
- Experience with other technologies like MySQL, XML, JSON and web services.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design with appropriate use of Design Patterns.
- Knowledge of source code control tools like Git, SVN or CVS.
ABOUT BEATS ELECTRONICS LLC:
Established in 2008 as the brainchild of legendary artist and producer Dr. Dre and Chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M Records Jimmy Iovine, Beats Electronics provides a premium sound experience at every touch point of the consumer’s life. It is the parent company of the Beats™ by Dr. Dre™ line of high-quality headphones, Beats Audio™ HD-sound systems, and the MOG digital music service. The company's mission is to provide a superior end-to-end music experience - with headphones, devices and services - so fans feel the emotion and hear the music the way artists intended it to sound from the studio. This experience is aided by partnerships with HP, Chrysler Group and HTC Mobile. Led by Co-Founder & CEO Jimmy Iovine, Co-Founder Dr. Dre, and President & COO Luke Wood, Beats Electronics is based in Santa Monica, CA.
To learn more about our company and products please visit http://beatsbydre.com.
Beats Electronics LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
|Job Type:||Full time|
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results