iOS Software Engineer
|Location:||Los Angeles, CA - Headquarters|
|Referral Program Level:||3*|
The Software Engineer in this role is responsible for mobile iOS software development for Beats’ future generation of products. This individual will be working to develop awesome software that is scalable, functional, and reliable.
- Develop mobile applications for iOS mobile operating systems.
- Develop user interfaces that are intuitive, usable, visually appealing, and easy to learn.
- Develop software requirements specifications and software design specifications.
- Develop working, readable, testable, scalable, maintainable, and quality source code.
- Deliver materials on time, on budget, and of high quality.
- Work with hardware and software developers in a wide range of disciplines to develop fully integrated applications.
- B.S. in Computer Science or other related disciplines.
- 5+ years of software development.
- 3+ years of hands on development experience in Cocoa, Objective C, and iPhone SDK.
- 3+ years experience using integrated development environments such as Xcode.
- Must have developed applications that are currently available in the Apple app store, or are used widely by a large group (executables, documents, or any materials will be asked for during the interview process).
- Must have experience with iOS framework/libraries such as storyboard, ARC, MapKit, UIKit, CoreBluetooth, CoreData, ExternalAccessory, CoreLocation, CoreMotion, Social, Twitter, etc.
- Experience with the iOS human interface guidelines.
- Experience with user stories, use cases, UML, and any other requirements/designs methodologies.
Experience with third party APIs such as Facebook, Twitter, Google Analytics, Gigya, Last.FM, Spotify, etc.
- Experience with fast prototyping tools (i.e. storyboards, or Adobe Photoshop) for wireframes and full user interface prototypes.
- Experience with other technologies like MySQL, XML, JSON and web services.
- Experience developing applications for multiple form factors (iPhone/iPad) and multiple resolutions.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design with appropriate use of Design Patterns.
- Knowledge of source code control tools like Git, SVN or CVS.
- Knowledge of Agile software development. Knowledge of other software development life cycles like RUP or Waterfall is acceptable.
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development experience and knowledge of testing frameworks.
- Familiarity with voice recognition and sensor based SDKs.
- Knowledge of bug tracking tools like Bugzilla or Jira.
- Experience with Android development is a plus.
- Experience with PC or Mac application development is a plus.
- Experience with web development is a plus.
ABOUT BEATS ELECTRONICS LLC:
Established in 2008 as the brainchild of legendary artist and producer Dr. Dre and Chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M Records Jimmy Iovine, Beats Electronics provides a premium sound experience at every touch point of the consumer’s life. It is the parent company of the Beats™ by Dr. Dre™ line of high-quality headphones, Beats Audio™ HD-sound systems, and the MOG digital music service. The company's mission is to provide a superior end-to-end music experience - with headphones, devices and services - so fans feel the emotion and hear the music the way artists intended it to sound from the studio. This experience is aided by partnerships with HP, Chrysler Group and HTC Mobile. Led by Co-Founder & CEO Jimmy Iovine, Co-Founder Dr. Dre, and President & COO Luke Wood, Beats Electronics is based in Santa Monica, CA.
To learn more about our company and products please visit http://beatsbydre.com.
|Job Type:||Full time|
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results