The embedded software manager is responsible for every phase of the embedded software (firmware) development lifecycle, including requirements, managing the design and development of the solution, as well as its documentation, release and delivery. The role also includes managing a team of firmware/embedded software engineers. As such, the ideal candidate is expected to have a wide variety of experience and expertise, able to collaborate cross-functionally across the product development organization to ensure a consistent software development environment and highest level of product delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Define and execute software development strategy and roadmap.
• Take ownership and manage the software product requirement and specification docs.
• Lead embedded software engineers, collaborate with web developers and mobile apps developers along with UI/UX designers to define use cases and develop cutting edge products with differentiated features.
• Lead design, feasibility, estimation/planning using industry standard methodologies and tools
• Effectively, communicate design, execution plan and risk to various stakeholders, customers and management.
• May travel by car or plane domestically or possibly internationally.
• Must have clean criminal and driving record, current license and car insurance.
• Integrally involved with product launches, necessitating additional work hours and evening and weekend commitments both for events and team communications.
• Works effectively under high level of pressure and demanding time lines.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other related field required.
• Minimum 7 years of experience as software development as an engineer/architect with demonstrated experience in embedded systems.
• Minimum 2 years of managing product lifecycle from cradle to grave, as a product/program manager or software manager.
• Strong background in translating customer needs to product requirements.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects.
• Ability to maximize the potential of individual contributors and be a mentor to junior software engineers.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels of management.
COMPUTER & EQUIPMENT SKILLS:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Thorough working knowledge of Linux, Mac OS and Microsoft applications.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
• Adheres to all requirements for confidentiality of corporate, finance and R&D information.
• Adheres to direction from management on distribution controls, secure filing and disposal, records retention and storage for drawings, contracts and other sensitive materials.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Sits for extended periods of time at a computer station or work desk; stands and walks throughout the day; may stand for lengthy periods at events; uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment for up to 8 hours each day; requires clear vision at 20 inches or less with or without corrective lenses; color vision required; hearing and speech within normal ranges and sufficient for clear communication face to face and on the telephone; lifts up to 10 pounds regularly; exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels.
MENTAL AND REASONING REQUIREMENTS
Uses critical thinking skills to create original documents, reports and spreadsheets and interpret information furnished in written, oral or schedule form; able to make set goals based on available information and to plan work in order to meet deadlines; able to be resourceful at problem solving and formulates appropriate responses to requests for services and information from internal or external customers; able to project likely future occurrences based on current or historic data.
About Beats By Dre:
Established in 2008 as the brainchild of legendary artist and producer Dr. Dre and Chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M Records Jimmy Iovine, Beats Electronics provides a premium sound experience at every touch point of the consumer’s life. Beats By Dre has seen 300% growth year over year for the last 3 years running and there’s no signs of slowing down. We are moving aggressively into several new product categories and are looking for talented, innovative, people to help lead the efforts.
Beats By Dre (Beats Electronics, LLC.) offers a fun and fast-paced work environment with passionate and motivated people who have a drive to learn, innovate and succeed.
Beats Electronics, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer.