The Senior Embedded Systems Engineer is responsible for designing and developing firmware/software for embedded microprocessor-based audio products . The role will collaborate with electrical engineers, high level software engineers, mechanical engineers and program managers to ensure a consistent software development and highest level of product delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Define and execute software development strategy and roadmap.
• Take ownership and manage the software product requirement and specification docs.
• Provides technical guidance to aid the design and development of complex embedded consumer electronics systems.
• Support engineers in translating customer needs into requirements, developing specifications, and implementing test methodologies.
• Research new technologies to enhance product features, improve reliability and quality, and lower cost.
• Design multi-processor embedded systems that meet our unique real-time audio processing requirements.
• Develop wireless products with industry standard wireless technologies (ie. Bluetooth, WiFi, NFC, etc)
• Program embedded microprocessors, such as 8051s, ARM7/9s, and SHARC families of processors, in Assembler and C/C++ with or without RTOS.
• Analyze and document embedded systems; contribute to product definition and design; work with a dedicated team to meet deadlines.
• May travel by car or plane domestically or possibly internationally.
• Must have clean criminal and driving record, current license and car insurance.
• Integrally involved with product launches, necessitating additional work hours and evening and weekend commitments both for events and team communications.
• Works effectively under high level of pressure and demanding time lines.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. MS highly desired.
• Minimum 5 years of experience as software development engineer/architect with demonstrated experience in embedded systems.
• Very strong C knowledge with good understanding of computer architecture.
• Experience in Bluetooth and WiFi technology. Bluetooth/WiFi stack development experience is highly desired.
• Ability to interpret hardware circuits, schematics and block diagrams.
• Strong background in translating customer needs to product requirements.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects.
• Ability to maximize the potential of individual contributors and be a mentor to junior software engineers.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact, influence and negotiate effectively at all levels of management.
COMPUTER & EQUIPMENT SKILLS:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Thorough working knowledge of Linux, Mac OS and Microsoft applications.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
• Adheres to all requirements for confidentiality of corporate, finance and R&D information.
• Adheres to direction from management on distribution controls, secure filing and disposal, records retention and storage for drawings, contracts and other sensitive materials.
About Beats By Dre:
Established in 2008 as the brainchild of legendary artist and producer Dr. Dre and Chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M Records Jimmy Iovine, Beats Electronics provides a premium sound experience at every touch point of the consumer’s life. It is the parent company of the Beats™ by Dr. Dre™ line of high-quality headphones, Beats Audio™ HD-sound systems, and the MOG digital music service. The company's mission is to provide a superior end-to-end music experience - with headphones, devices and services - so fans feel the emotion and hear the music the way artists intended it to sound from the studio. This experience is aided by partnerships with HP, Chrysler Group and HTC Mobile. Led by Co-Founder & CEO Jimmy Iovine, Co-Founder Dr. Dre, and President & COO Luke Wood, Beats Electronics is based in Santa Monica, CA.
To learn more about our company and products please visit http://beatsbydre.com.
Beats Electronics LLC is an equal opportunity employer.