|# of openings:||1|
The Atlantic’s in-house production team explores multimedia storytelling in the rapidly evolving world of online video. We produce original documentaries, interview series, and other nonfiction video content for The Atlantic’s digital properties. We also feature a diverse selection of videos by journalists, independent filmmakers, and other creators on the Atlantic Video channel.
We seek a web video junkie to select, license, and write about these curated videos. The ideal candidate is embedded in the video community and familiar with the landscape of video platforms, blogs, and aggregators. This is a dual role: In addition to curating and writing, the candidate will also be responsible for promoting Atlantic videos to other sites and via social media channels. This role will not involve video production. The video curator will report to the executive producer and work out of The Atlantic’s office in Washington, D.C.
• Curating a mix of web videos that are a good fit for The Atlantic’s sensibility and audience
• Reaching out to filmmakers and organizations to license videos
• Writing a couple of posts a day for the Atlantic Video channel
• Promoting original and curated videos via social media channels and to other sites
• Managing The Atlantic’s Vimeo and YouTube channels and @TheAtlanticVID Twitter account
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
• 1+ year professional experience with online video (curation, distribution, or other relevant area)
• Impeccable writing and communication skills
• An eye for great web videos and a nose for where to find them
• A deep knowledge of online video platforms and social media
• A creative, innovative sensibility and high editorial standards
Atlantic Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results