College of Nursing and Public Health
The Adelphi University College of Nursing and Public Health seeks a faculty member to direct our our growing Master of Public Health program. Rank is commensurate with experience. The ideal candidate will have experience and research interests in health policy; health program administration, management, or finance; and/or program planning and evaluation. As Director of the Program, the new faculty member will oversee admissions and curricular planning, teach and advise students, supervise culminating capstone projects, and develop and maintain a research program centered on the health of communities.
Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated ability to conduct scholarly research, evidence of successful teaching and mentorship at the college or graduate-school level, and evidence of working collaboratively as members of community-oriented teams both within and outside the campus.
Requirements for the position:
• Doctoral degree in public health, health policy, health administration, community health, or related disciplines from an accredited institution.
• University teaching experience.
• Demonstrated excellence in teaching.
• A strong record of, or demonstrated potential for, scholarly activity including sponsored projects.
• Experience, or demonstrated potential for, developing and strengthening relationships with professional associations, hospitals, health-related organizations, and/or community health agencies for collaborative initiatives, research projects, and student placements.
Adelphi University is located in Garden City, in Nassau County, NY, 20 miles east of Manhattan. The College of Nursing and Public Health comprises over 1100 undergraduate Nursing majors and more than 130 graduate students enrolled in degree programs in Nursing, Nutrition, Health Informatics, and Public Health. The College will occupy a new building beginning in Fall 2015.
Adelphi University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body.
The search will remain open until the position is filled.
Applicants should include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, and contact information for three references who can speak about administration, teaching, research, and service accomplishments.