Reporting to the Manager of Database Support Services, this position will work closely with the Enterprise Systems group, Web Technologies group, as well as vendors and consultants. The Systems Analyst/Developer position would be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and modifying systems, including encoding, testing, debugging, and installing, to support applications. The incumbent will consult with users to identify current procedures and clarify objectives.
Daily support of current application software such as Technolutions Slate for Admissions, Adirondack Software for Housing and Conduct Coordinator, EMS Master Calendar and Academic Scheduling, Medicat Electronic Medical Records system, CollegeSource Degree Audit, etc.
· Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing Microsoft based systems.
· Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes.
· Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide first level support and troubleshooting for all current application software.
· Coordinate software updates and upgrades.
· Assist in troubleshooting software application issues.
· Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
· Provides assistance and advice to end users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
· Provide SQL administration in live and test environments.
· Verify database and data integrity including archives and back-ups.
· Document custom configuration of applications and operating procedures.
· Perform other duties as assigned by Manager, Director or CIO.
· Should have a minimum of 3 years of technology experience with at least 2 years hands-on technical roles in the field.
· Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications.
· Technical experience with Active Directory, databases, Web development, and user support.
· Strong background in Microsoft SQL Administration and SSIS.
· Good working knowledge and skills with Microsoft Office Products.
· Strong project management skills with effective results focus within an information systems environment.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· A results oriented individual who thrives working in a fast paced environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent training, and/or experience.